Please read the following information carefully before submitting your work for any of our awards (e.g. The Bridge / Emerging Writer Award).
In most instances, we require three separate documents:
- A C.V. detailing any relevant literary achievements – such as publications – your background and other experience. Full contact details should also be provided.
- A single-page synopsis, detailing your current project.
- A sample of your work. This sample should be:
- Up to 1000 words, unless otherwise stated.
- Double-spaced and single-sided, in a font and size that is clear to read.
- Without your name or other identifiable information, as our entries are judged anonymously.
- Whilst email submissions are our preferred method for receiving your work, we will accept postal entries.
- Eligibility details are unique for each award, please read the individual details carefully.
- These guidelines are to ensure efficient receipt of your submissions, minimising any unnecessary resubmitting.
- Any submissions received after the closing date will be deleted unread.