Would you like to see your work in print?
In 2016 we are producing an anthology of writing by young people from the Highlands. We’re looking for short stories, poems, song lyrics, essays or plays – or if illustrating is more your thing, art work, photography or graphic novel contributions are also welcome.
- Prose – fiction or non-fiction, maximum of 1500 words. Submissions can be shorter (ie flash fiction) or can be an excerpt from a longer piece of work. One submission only.
- Poetry – 50 lines in total. Up to five poems maybe submitted, but total line count must not be more than 50 lines.
- Plays – maximum 1000 words. One submission only.
- Songwriting – 50 lines in total. More than one song may be submitted, but total line count must not be more than 50 lines.
- Graphic novels – up to four A4 pages (please submit as little or as much as you like, up to a maximum of 4 A4 pages). Submissions must be laid out as A4 portrait plages and can be in black and white or colour.
- Graphic Novels, images and illustrations to be submitted as JPEGs or PDFs.
- All other entries as Microsoft Word documents.
- Submissions in Scots and Gaelic are welcome.
- All submissions must be from young people between 12 and 25 years old.
Deadline for entries: 5pm on Thursday, August 25, 2016.
Entries to be emailed to email@example.com please include a covering email with your full name, date of birth and home address.
What happens next . . . ?
We have a team of young editors who are working on compiling the anthology. They will be meeting around once a month to discuss the style and format of the anthology and learn the ins-and-outs of the design and book production process. We’re hoping to attend Wigtown Book Festival and visit an independent Scottish Publisher to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes. It’s a great chance to learn about the industry and gain some valuable work experience – if you’d like to know more about this project, please contact our Youth Programme Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01463 741 675.