Tutored courses start on a Monday evening with a welcome talk from staff at 6.30pm who will then join you for a meal. Your two tutors will lead an introductory session after dinner. Tutored Courses usually include workshops each morning from one or both of your tutors. A buffet lunch is provided at 1pm. Afternoons provide time free to write or explore the surroundings, as well as a 30-minute one-to-one tutorial with each tutor during the week.
Evenings are often spent in the company of your group. Tutors will read from their own work on a Tuesday, and lead a sharing of your work at an informal ceilidh on Friday. A guest author usually joins you on Wednesday for dinner, followed by a reading from their work and a Q&A session.
- Starting out in Fiction Karin Altenberg & Andrew Miller, Guest Andrew O’Hagan - Mon 7th Sep - Sat 12th Sep - All Day
- Poetry Ambassadors – Inspiring Others Short course With John Glenday & Jen Hadfield - Thu 24th Sep - Sun 27th Sep - All Day
- Fiction: Adam Foulds and Alison MacLeod, Guest: Jenni Fagan - Mon 5th Oct - Sat 10th Oct - All Day
- Short Story With Zoe Gilbert and Adam Marek Guest A L Kennedy - Mon 26th Oct - Sat 31st Oct - 12:00am
- Non-fiction With Laura Barton and Horatio Clare Guest Robert Davidson - Mon 9th Nov - Sat 14th Nov - All Day
- Short Course: Ways With Words Writing Retreat For Social Workers - Mon 16th Nov - Wed 18th Nov - All Day
- Songwriting With Boo Hewerdine and Findlay Napier, Guest Emily Barker - Mon 7th Dec - Sat 12th Dec - All Day