Moniack Mhor Writers’ Centre and Creative Scotland are inviting applications from international literary translators for a month-long residency at Moniack Mhor in March 2022.
The International Translator’s Residency will suit creative writing translators living outside the UK who wish to immerse themselves in Scottish literature. They will receive a creative programme of meetings and showcases, exposing them to contemporary Scottish writers, with the potential to pitch to international publishers for rights and translation.
The successful participant will also join a cohort of international and Scottish writers who will be at Moniack Mhor during the Connect and Collaborate International Writers’ Residency.
This residency will take place at Moniack Mhor from 28th February – 27th March 2022, and will include:
- £1000 stipend, travel, food, and accommodation;
- Translation opportunities with participating writers;
- A programme of events to expose the translator to the Scottish literature community.
Eligibility and how to apply
This residency is open to practicing international literary translators living outside the UK who have an established body of creative work. Please apply by sending:
- A CV that covers your professional achievements;
- An A4 covering letter and personal statement that outlines your intentions for the residency, including a short biographical note (unless this is covered in your CV);
- A sample of your most recent published translation from or into English.
The deadline for application is 31st October 2021. Applications should be sent by email to: email@example.com (subject line International Translator Residency). If required, interviews will be held online in late November.
For any enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1463 741675.